Sunday, January 26th, 2020, what a day 😥
History was marked everywhere in the world today.
1. In Europe, on this day, Manchester United won 6-0, the highest goals scored since the 90s
2. On the same game, Jones scored, Maguire sealed his first goal for man United, Lingard scored and named Man of the Match
3. In Italy, Christiano Ronaldo and Juventus lost to Napoli
4. In China, Coronavirus heat 80 deaths, on the same day a case in Lakewood Colorado was confirmed.
5. In Kenya, Miguna Miguna took over Raila Odinga’s popularity in media. An exiled politician kicked out comunicado from his country
6. In DRCongo, dissolving the parliament and Balkanization talks are the top breaking news on media
7. In Burundi, Evariste NDAYISHIMIYE was named presidential candidate, Nkrunzinza ending his 15 years reign In power
8.In America, a famous basketballer Kobe Bryant and his daughter died in a plane crash, reminding us how short our lives are..
And many more around the world
On the same day, I am writing this.
What does this event teach us? What decisions do you take daily? Who are you putting your trust and faith too?
Today I preached on King Saul’s life; King Saul was the 1st king of Israel, chosen by God, but later killed himself. 1st Samuel 31: 4, …So Saul took his sword and fell on it … why? 1 Chron. 10:13 Saul died because he was unfaithful to the Lord; he did not keep the word of the Lord and even consulted a medium for guidance, and did not inquire of the Lord.
These events remind me of one thing, we are the chosen generation. Indeed God has chosen us, but when we are unfaithful to Him (our creator), not follow his commands, and not seek guidance from him, then the world will reject us. We will feel lonely, without purpose, and the last thing will be: let me kill myself; this can be in different forms, through suicide, addiction, etc..
To whom do you put your trust in? Which commands do you follow?
God bless you as you reflect on this day January 26th, 2020